Listen to our "Reclaming Your Spirit With the Power of Solitude" podcast (aired on 11/14/18):
Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and imagine that you’re in a beautiful beach scene—with clear blue water and skies, white sand, and the warmth of the sun on your skin. You’re there alone, and you are happy and content—you are experiencing the power of solitude.
In our busy, distracted, answer-quickly society, many of us feel overwhelmed, stressed, and time-pressured. It’s time now to take some time alone to recharge, reenergize, and allow our creative mind to come up with the right solutions.
Listen to Dr. Avila’s latest show and you will learn how to:
* Carve out a time and space for your alone time to refresh and energize yourself.
* Treat your shower or bath like a sanctuary.
* Take a technology fast.
* Say no to interruptions: Close your door.
* Drop by a spiritual center for 20 minutes—ask questions of your higher power.
* Commune in nature
* Get up 20 minutes earlier than the people in your household and think about life.
* Reap the benefits of solitude and silence
You can learn the wonders of you by taking the time to get reacquainted with yourself, and learning the power of solitude.